Try searching for something else

Try searching for something else

Discussion

I have an interview tomorrow morning and I really need this job and an income. Please wish me luck

3 months ago

|

Also, any additional advice is welcomed!!! Outside the obvious — do research on the company, brush up on your resume and your last duties and how it would apply to current role. Sell myself. How to REALLY stand out? Edit: WOW, did not expect this post to blow up! Thank you all for your overwhelming support and I appreciate all of you and your tips and advice.

Want to comment? or with one click.

Comments
  • seeleeburtee

You need this job and an income. I don’t know your situation, but it sounds like there’s a lot on the line here. Sometimes that overbearing presence of necessity can cloud judgement and rob me of presenting a confident and genuine version of me. Reframe it. Sure, this job will offer you a lot of things you need. But THEY also need YOU, don’t they? They need your professionalism, aptitude, curiosity, follow-through, poise, savviness, and general badassery that only YOU can offer. Seizing the day is fine, but you’re the greatest god damn candidate that’ll walk through their place if business. It’s time for you to take the day. They need you, and you know it.

3 months ago

Edit

You have reported this post

• Shymink

This is very helpful. Sometimes I tell people it’s like wanting a boyfriend or girlfriend and being super excited about a date you both seem into. You do NOT go on the date telling them that you REALLY want a boyfriend/girlfriend and they are perfect for it and this is why you’d be perfect together, right? Because that would be creepy and weird. So don’t do that here. Even at your most desperate you HAVE to act like it’s cool. So do that here. I do this by making a list of what I’m going to do after the job interview for other applications. This works for me so I don’t get too emotionally invested. And it’s helpful if it doesn’t work out! But remember, you agreed to date. You both are pumped so no need to oversell yourself. You are great. :)

3 months ago

Edit

• Mrgonzouk

Might seem obvious but alot of people forget, thank them at the beginning for the opportunity and at the end for their time. Follow up with a thank you email, that might just keep you in their minds when they come to looking over the applicants. Good luck.

3 months ago

Edit

Thank you!

3 months ago

Edit

• silentnights84

Be adaptable. Example : I usually rehearse what I'm going to say, almost down to the word, and the time comes for me to meet with the interviewer and their questions have literally nothing to do with work and are about what motivates and inspires me. First question I stumble on because I'm still trying to use what I've rehearsed, but in the end it forced me to completely abandon my spiel and think on the fly. It's good to get into the mindset for answering interview questions, but big picture would be to evaluate yourself and what you would bring to the table.

3 months ago

Edit

• wanderlust0526

>It's good to get into the mindset for answering interview questions, but big picture would be to evaluate yourself and what you would bring to the table. That right there. I've been through dozens of interviews over the past 11 months. This every single time. I can't tell u how many times I've rehearsed what I'm going to say only to be thrown off by different questions. If you know your strengths and abilities AND you've been able to identify the strengths and skills mentioned in the job description-than you should be good to go. :)

3 months ago

Edit

• polymernewbie

-You can start your first question with something like: good morning, nice to meet you, first of all thank you for the opportunity..and then proceed to answer your question (what I mean is be friendly and follow greeting protocol). If the first question is to tell them about yourself you can follow up the previous lines with "I’ll introduce myself, my name is...." and proceed to answer. Practice the following questions: tell me about yourself, tell me more about your professional experience. Practice 3 weaknesses and 3 strenghts. Always choose your top 1 in case they only ask one. Also the classic: why should we choose you. rehearse situational questions: tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation in your workplace, tell me about a time you had to manage your time appropiately, tell me about the time you had a conflict with one of your coworkers and how you solved it, what has been your biggest obstacle, tell me about a project and how you’ve handled it, tell me about a time you had to work under pressure. Practice all the situational questions you can think of. -Try being friendly each time you respond to an answer. Respond with the appropiate level of enthusiasm. -When you respond to situational questions try to end them with how you actually solved the matter. Also, if you’re asked of a weakness you can start saying how you’re currently working on it and at the end explain how you’ve managed to improve in said thing. -ALWAYS, when asked if you have any further questions, tell them that you do and that you have prepared some questions and proceed to ask the first one (for me you have to do 3 maximum). Choose well your questions. This is very important. you have to choose your questions very carefully depending on who will conduct the interview. This is an opportunity to differentiate yourself. People LOVE to talk, especially about themselves. Give them that chance.

3 months ago

Edit

• polymernewbie

Oh and when i say practice i mean think about how you would like to answer this questions haha definitely don’t try to memorize. You’ll sound like a robot. Have ideas of what you want to say so that you won’t have to make up answers in the spot ( especially for situational questions)

3 months ago

Edit

• aghrivaine

Google the names of the people doing your interview, and look them up on LinkedIn. Take a look at their personal careers and accomplishments, and prepare questions ahead of time using that info. You don't need to be secretive about it - show that you're very interested and prepared.

3 months ago

Edit

• International_lost1

Do your research on everything about the company, competitors, employees, and anything you can find. Always be over prepared. Being over prepared for your first round will help you in the following rounds.

3 months ago

Edit

• cathersx3

I have been SO disappointed at applicants who don’t know sh* about my company when I’m screening them. You telling me you can’t even properly google us prior to our conversation? Smh. It’s not a 100% deal beaker ... but definitely a red flag in my book. Anyways, definitely research to show interest in the job that you WANT!

3 months ago

Edit

• ikogut

I always ask what makes a person successful in the role I’m interviewing for and I like to ask what the interviewer likes about being in the company. Also, I’m a total homebody, but when I get asked what I like to do for fun, I usually tell them that I enjoy hanging out with friends and family and exploring nature spots and going to things that I do occasionally like doing when in good company. It helps them see that you are well rounded and that you have other interests outside of working.

3 months ago

Edit

• livingbythehour

ASK QUESTIONS. At least 3! My fav are: - What are some challenges that may come about within this role? - How would describe the company culture at [company name]? - What are some key traits that would make a successful [name of position]? Or just improvise. Try to remember there’s never a dumb question. You want to ask the questions that you couldn’t find on the company website or job description. It may look nerdy but if you can bring a small notepad to write their responses or just little notes, do so. You’re not the only one in the room being interviewed. GOOOOOODDDD LUCCKKK!!!

3 months ago

Edit

• suichi21

Like my grandma used to say, I dont wish you luck, I wish you success!

3 months ago

Edit

• Plantsandanger

Is it virtual? Bring notes you can reference if it’s virtual. Helps me when anxiety kicks in and I blank mid sentence.

3 months ago

Edit

• VinnyTwoTimes

Good luck, baby! You got this!

3 months ago

Edit

• star_sun_moon

Be prepared to answer those typical interview questions like, "tell us about yourself", "what do you know about this role/our company", and "why do you want this job/to work here". There are great resources online with appropriate answers to these questions. Search (job title you are interviewing for) interview questions. Ex: financial analyst interview questions. That will give you a good idea of the types of questions that you may be asked when interviewing for that role. If you search Glassdoor, you can see examples of questions that the company asks candidates during interviews. Think of the STAR method when answering questions (situation, task, action, result). Give specific, relevant answers when responding to questions, state what your role was in resolving the issue and what the outcome was. Also, come ready with thoughtful questions to ask your interviewers at the end - something other than the expected, "what are the next steps?" - again, there are really comprehensive lists online of questions that you can ask - search those and pick the ones that you feel would be most fitting. Good luck, you've got this! It's an accomplishment just to make it to the interview stage, I am rooting for you. :) Edit: just thought of another tip - if you are given a question that you can't immediately think of an answer to, say something like, "that's a great question. I'd like to take a moment to think of the best answer to that question." It's okay to take a pause to gather your thoughts. And don't be afraid to ask the interviewer to clarify the question if you are not 100% sure what they are asking. I worked in Human Resources for 5 years and would rather see a candidate be thoughtful and deliberate in their responses, vs rushing through everything.

3 months ago

Edit

• biscuitman76

Hey hope you read this. One thing I've neglected in serious interviews in the past would be to DO YOUR RESEARCH. If you really think you have a good shot (if you've got an interview that's probably true) do you're background research and read everything you can about the position that's listed in the job posting. Read everything you can about the organization as a whole. It will not only make you seem informed about the position, it will help spark your interest and give you ideas for questions to ask at the end. You'll also perform better for questions you don't expect when you're put on the spot.

3 months ago

Edit

• horsenamedmayo

This is very obvious but don’t let nerves or preparedness cause you to forget basic manners. Be patient and polite. Say good morning to the receptionist or others you come into contact with. Say thank you. When I’m interviewing a potential candidate I may just as much attention to those little things and basic kindness as I do to the interview itself.

3 months ago

Edit

• Futuregamma

Oh and remember I know it's really difficult to get this mindset when you really want this job but an interview is two ways. Have questions prepared and try your best to make it two ways as much as possible.

3 months ago

Edit

• fastfish173

Good luck! Just remember that they are people too. That analyst? He just liked a funny message someone sent him on IG. That associate? She’s trying to potty train her new puppy. Just talk to them like people..don’t put them on a pedestal.

3 months ago

Edit

• Firebrand713

DO NOT OVER-PREPARE!!!! The worst score I ever got on a test was one I studied my ass off for. I was completely tense and shitting my pants going into it, and totally ruined my grade because I just couldn’t just relax and do my normal test. More offers will come. Don’t go in holding an egg, afraid to crack it. Just be confident and do your best. If all else fails, I have a Chinese idiom for you: “If it’s wasted, it’s wasted. The things called opportunities are curious things. If it was meant to be yours, then you wouldn’t be able to avoid it even if you wanted to, and if it wasn’t meant to be yours, you wouldn’t be able to find it no matter how much you search.” — Long Chen Good luck!!!!!

3 months ago

Edit

• king-schultz

Good luck. You got this.

3 months ago

Edit

• MasonEnalta

Havw faith. Be courteous and professional. Azk questions. Good luck.

3 months ago

Edit

• jcheong

Good luck all the best!

3 months ago

Edit

• abskk1120

Good luck :-)

3 months ago

Edit

• thethepanda

I always like to ask what they like most about the company they work for. I feel like if they are searching really hard or if they give you some cookie cutter answer it tells you a lot(usually not good). If they give you some good details, it is usually a good sign AND you can talk about how you really value the things they just brought up as well. People like the affirmation of their beliefs/values and they like people who share them.

3 months ago

Edit

• violetmonstermunch

SMILE ! good luck.

3 months ago

Edit

• bessymai

Good luck! 🍀

3 months ago

Edit

• Oscarges

Good luck!!!

3 months ago

Edit

• Expired_Gatorade

Good luck big man. Keep a positive mindset

3 months ago

Edit

• Adhdicted2dopamine

Make sure to laugh and show them you’re relaxed. Joke around a little. They will see this as confident and not desperate.

3 months ago

Edit

• CoffeePie87

LETS GOOOO you got this Just research and look for positives and negatives. Ensure it fits you

3 months ago

Edit

• Dangerous_Way_7075

write a thank you hand written letter and express mail it to the manager who interviewed you if it is online write email online

3 months ago

Edit

• Hardcore90skid

One of the best ways to stand out is to be courteous to everyone you meet - the receptionist, the interviewers, etc. Thank them for their time, etc. But also: be as confident as possible, I know you're probably nervous but at least feign confidence. One way I often do this is by treating the interview less like one and more like a conversation with someone super intrigued about my work skills, that way I feel less like I'm being grilled. Try to not think about the questions as you get them, and throw in some organic liveliness like some mild humour and such (for example, I'm often asked 'what was a difficult decision you had to make as a manager' and I'll say 'Oh, that's easy!' and they often enjoy the brevity behind it). Just remember they KNOW you need a job, they aren't going to treat you any differently.

3 months ago

Edit

• theCHAMPdotcom

Just did a mock interview the other day. Read the job description and be prepared to speak to that directly and how it relates to you. Have pre planned ending questions. Good luck!

3 months ago

Edit

• kittyraspberries

Get everything laid out tonight! Plan your outfit and iron if needed. Try it on first to make sure everything fits and no wardrobe malfunctions. Put your resume, keys and anything else you’ll take with you by the door so you won’t forget. Double check the address, directions and the name of who you’ll be meeting with. Set your alarm and add a little extra time for unplanned events. Double check alarm. No need for extra stress tomorrow morning. If you eat breakfast or drink coffee, prep it tonight so you can just press a button. Go to bed early and get rest! You’re going to do great!!

3 months ago

Edit

• PeanutButterThighs

Also think about why you would like THIS job. Of course you need it, but sometimes a genuine interest/ passion for the work will help you stand out above more technically qualified candidates.

3 months ago

Edit

• Fireball_H

Good luck, you can do it! Rock it!

3 months ago

Edit

• GrownAndLostInEurope

Good luck, I will need some luck too for mine tomorrow. 🤞🏻 for you.

3 months ago

Edit

• NicoDarunia

I’m crossing my fingers for you! 🤞

3 months ago

Edit

• needzhelplz

Best of luck!

3 months ago

Edit

• MalkavTepes

Do you get nervous with interviews? Practice answering normal/common interview questions. Write down answers to anything you stumbling over. Practice those more. Confidence is key. Build confidence with practice. Exercise now, exercise in the morning. Control your heart rate helped remove nervousness (Nothing major but cardio helps control your heart rate) Shower, groom, dress with confidence, then interview. Timing is important. Give yourself plenty of time, but do it all with confidence. Smile, say you got this, think I look good I feel good to yourself. Exude confidence until your interview is over (if you "fake it until you make it" the fake eventually becomes real, that's how you know you've made it) I'm confident that you got this. You don't need luck. You're the best candidate. They need you more than you need the them. Don't be cocky, just don't cross that line. Humbleness is important too.

3 months ago

Edit

• ARasool

You got this bro! I'll be thinkin of ya!

3 months ago

Edit

• QuitaQuites

Good luck! The best way to stand out is to be likable to be honest, likable and confident. Say hi nice to meet you first, ask how they’re doing, sit forward in your chair, bring resumes and notes and take notes.

3 months ago

Edit

• Caputo77

Best of luck!! Dress in your best clothes, and BELIEVE in yourself, you are da best!

3 months ago

Edit

• deemightybee

Your commitment to the business in such times to contribute to the bigger picture. ​ I say this with a genuine heart, as they can sense you are looking at the job as a long-term choice, which you are. ​ Good luck, you don't need it, you got the charisma to rejoice with the fact this job can open new doors for your experience portfolio ;)

3 months ago

Edit

• HorusQuintus

Yo complete stranger, you just need one chance and this could be it.

3 months ago

Edit

• kt_202020

Best of luck! You got it op!

3 months ago

Edit

• andierod114

Goodluck!! :)

3 months ago

Edit

• theworldisnotquiet

Good luck.

3 months ago

Edit

• DexterityZero

Good luck!

3 months ago

Edit

• omarodoch

Best wishes for you pal!

3 months ago

Edit

• microliteoven

I think you need to take off the importance of “needing” the job and change your paradigm. They would be lucky to have you. Jobs come naturally to you. You want the job but if you don’t get it, you’ll be okay. There will be others.

3 months ago

Edit

• questforanswerz

Good luck!

3 months ago

Edit

• lolastarz99

GOOD LCUKK!!!! Dont worry You got this! A bit late but, I hope your interview went well.

3 months ago

Edit

• MarsNirgal

How did it go?

3 months ago

Edit

• caraandlouis

Wear a funny hat

3 months ago

Edit

• Stompydingdong

Don’t take my advice, but what I’ve always done, is carry a condom in one of my pockets, that way you have the psychological connection; that if you’re willing to convince somebody to come back to your place, you can convince somebody you’re the best fit for the job.

3 months ago

Edit

• esoledad2

Believe in yourself

3 months ago

Edit

• johnbell

When they ask you for any questions you might have I say this: I like to ask this to anyone that interviews me, from my manager to the CEO... "Why are you here, what brought you here? Where do you see the company in the future?"

3 months ago

Edit

• edvek

Probably too late to the party but as someone who has done interviews: answer the question. If the question asks for an example or event answer it like an event happened even if you have to lie. Ive had so many people answer the question in a general vague manner but the questions clearly states "give an example of a time when..." Or "tell us about when you..." Stuff like that. Being on the other side of the table now I really see how important it is to answer the questions directly. No one ever said you have to have an essay for an answer. Sure more can be better to get an understanding of something but if you ramble on and on and not answer the question then it doesn't do you much good. Also don't know about your field but in some fields they ask about the actual job/company/field you're in so maybe do a bit of reading on who or what your applying for. I had an interview a long time ago with the FDLE and they asked me about the agency.

3 months ago

Edit

• Dustin_Bromain

Best of luck

3 months ago

Edit

• Term-Soft

\- Answer questions in a story format -- For example, when asked "Tell me about a time when you made a mistake" ... Start by giving a bit of context, describing the issue, and the resolution." A few years ago, I was enrolled in an organic chemistry lab where we had a lot of group work. For one particular assignment, I was given given the task of figuring out the chemical structure of an unknown substance. Usually, we would have time after the lab work to discuss with lab mate that we were on the right track. This one class, however, we didn't and I had to rush to work as soon as it ended. I wasn't able to work on the assignment until later at night. Because of this, my teammates didn't have time to look over my section until after we handed it in. I ended up making a few errors which could have been noticed by my team if I finished earlier in the day. After this, I always made it a priority to finish my work ahead of time to prevent letting my group mates down. We all ended up doing really well in the course and I'm really glad I had the opportunity to work with a great team." LOL seems long but this will take only 30 seconds to say out loud and is a good story outline (Probably not a great example for an actual interview tho) . \- If you need time to think of an answer, just let the interviewers know "I'm going to think about that one for a second" or " Is it alright if I come back to that one later on in the interview". I think this is definitely a great way to handle difficult questions and not stumble/lose confidence through the interview. I wouldn't do it for more that one/max two questions tho. \- If they bring up something you are not too familiar with (Lets say the job requirments say you need to know REDCAP), try to think of things you do know which are similar (other data entry systems etc.) and tie it to the fact that your a quick learner and willing to put in extra time to learn what's needed for the role. ​ GOOD LUCK! ​ Edit: A good follow up question is asking about how COVID regulations could impact the role

3 months ago

Edit

• NonConformingHuman

Good luck! Lay your clothes out and and set a second alarm! Be confident If you can scope out the route, entrance you are supposed to enter etc ahead of time this will be an advantage. Be slightly early, but not too early. Dress nicely Know a little about the company ( seem interested ) prepare some questions to ask them 5-10 or so you are interviewing them as well you know. Do not seem too eager or desperate, but do ask if they have a rough timeframe for when you might hear back from them Do not under sell yourself and remember to show that you have a great personality from the moment you set foot on the property, you never know who will weigh in on if you will be a good fit for the company, will it be the secretary, the maintenance person, the random employee you pass on the way through the parking lot? We Reddit strangers are rooting for you.

3 months ago

Edit

• Chicklet5

Hey! I am very happy to hear that you landed this interview and can appreciate that there is a lot riding on the outcome for you. There are a lot of good suggestions on this thread, but maybe I can offer you a small but very practical tidbit that I also heard recently. This applies especially to if you are doing a zoom interview from home during the pandemic. Keep a bottle or glass of water near your desk. If you are asked a question that you don't have an immediate answer for, you can say 'that's a great question, let me think' and take a sip of water to buy a little bit of time. It might sound silly but sometimes it actually helps to take a tiny little break like that to help settle your nerves and think of something if they put you on the spot with some oddball question. As someone who has been to many, many interviews in my field I will tell you that this doesn't often happen but it never hurts to have a trick up your sleeve.

3 months ago

Edit

• DigTheScene1

Good luck!!! You GOT this!

3 months ago

Edit

• mchen329

Good luck, I hope the interview goes well! I would say other than the basic stuff, to really stand out from past experience, you really have to connect with your interviewer. Someone already said it before but research the person that will be interviewing you and see what their interests are/what experiences they have and try to ask questions that help you get to know them (to see what kind of company culture the place has and what type of people end up working there). Treat the interview as a conversation rather than an interview so you feel comfortable and present your best self.

3 months ago

Edit

• LordBK777

1 thing that can help a bit is following up after the interview before they give you a decision. It can show determination

3 months ago

Edit

• AxelSee

Stress your punctuality, and how much of a quick learner you are. Your interpersonal skills are also a great quality about you. Good luck!

3 months ago

Edit

• myrtlebeachdawn

I hope you land this opportunity

3 months ago

Edit

• Fonz136

Good luck buddy! Be calm and speak clearly.

3 months ago

Edit

• aso203o3

Good luck!!

3 months ago

Edit

• WillingLanguage

Good luck. May I ask how long have you been looking & out of work?

3 months ago

Edit

Basically the whole year. Had jobs but they only lasted short periods of time (lay offs, fired, quit due to health reasons, etc). So while I know everyone needs a job, I’m on the verge of homelessness which is why I have a desperation for this opportunity.

3 months ago

Edit

• Waltzspice

Fucking murder it tomorrow!! Best advice I can give you is to make SURE to slide in a little joke no matter what. I had an interview recently that was stone cold serious and rapid fire behaviorals. At the very end they asked if I had any questions; I was sweating but I said “yeah, don’t you have any difficult questions lined up??” They chuckled genuinely. I think it can help!!

3 months ago

Edit

• unaskthequestion

Good luck, be positive, your body language will show it!

3 months ago

Edit

• penguinpetter

Thanks for asking this. I'm reading all these responses and it's really helpful. (I have a six hour interview tomorrow)

3 months ago

Edit

• beyourownheroalways

u/117308 Good Luck with your interview tomorrow. As a career coach and professional resume writer, I would recommend preparing 5 to 10 examples of situations you may be asked on based on the main competencies for the position. This will reflect on you as one of the leading candidates to not only be prepared but to have several answers prepared using the S.T.A.R format. Also, if you would like to help with your resume, feel free to contact me. Also, here is a free tool to check how strong your resume is against the target position you are seeking. [https://cultivatedculture.com/resume-scanner/](https://cultivatedculture.com/resume-scanner/)

3 months ago

Edit

• Montecristo905

Good luck!

3 months ago

Edit

• Walking_in_Circles

It's kind of late and a lot of people have already offered some good advice but don't forget to go to bed too. Being in the best state of mind possible is just as important as preparing for the interview. :)

3 months ago

Edit

• Level_Lavishness2613

You gonna nail it!!!!

3 months ago

Edit

• dassabess0

Hey I have an interview tomorrow too and also need this job! Good luck brother

3 months ago

Edit

• imarriedachinese

Good luck and Godspeed!

3 months ago

Edit

• doggtagzz

Good luck

3 months ago

Edit

• shakeysurgeon

Break a leg, friend! Be yourself.

3 months ago

Edit

• 4utotune

I feel like wearing a nice perfume aftershave gives that extra touch

3 months ago

Edit

• TylerD43

something i always try to do is to have a bunch of questions about the position so that when they ask at the end “any questions?” you have some to ask. try to come up with a lot that may even be answered before that point just so that they see that you’re interested and trying to apply yourself and know as much as you can

3 months ago

Edit

• redditgirlwz

Good luck!

3 months ago

Edit

• rickraus

Echoing the top comment. Desperation can be smelt a mile way. Being eager is fine even good. Remind yourself they need you to do as not to cross the desperation line. Good luck!

3 months ago

Edit

• mrsb0609

BEST OF LUCK 🤞🏼

3 months ago

Edit

• kwokxh

Good luck OP!! Wishing the best for you ✨

3 months ago

Edit

• TheOG_picklepig

Plus be kind to everyone even the receptionist... it may sound stupid but I know a lot of people that have applied for the job but didn’t get the job due being unkind

3 months ago

Edit

• ivanoski-007

You need to relax and be confident, don't be nervous and practice practice practica, you need to sound natural not repsond to questions like a robot

3 months ago

Edit

• monaaloha

ALL THE BEST !!!!

3 months ago

Edit

• 94Gob

Here's the best to ya I'm in the same boat you are tomorrow as well!

3 months ago

Edit

• utsukushiikilla

Good luck. Take some deep, cleansing breaths before. You got this!

3 months ago

Edit

• p33yush

All the best

3 months ago

Edit

• oValhalla

you got this in the bag dude.

3 months ago

Edit

• humanwithwisdom

Wish you all the very best! I hope you’ll be having a cheerful day tomorrow that will help you keep yourself stress free.

3 months ago

Edit

• NastyCountChocula

Good luck! Hope you get it.

3 months ago

Edit

• Iwantmesomecake

Good luck! 😬

3 months ago

Edit

• BeardsArePeopleToo

Couple of questions I ask: * Can you tell me what you would like to see me accomplish within the first 90 days? * What is the biggest challenge at the moment? (Can be job role specific or company specific). Gives you a chance to position yourself as the solution. * What is something you’re looking for that’s not in the job description but is a must have? - Again, sets the position where you’re the answer to their problem. Good luck!

3 months ago

Edit

• Atmay85

Best of luck. You got it!

3 months ago

Edit

• -gpz-

Pitch up and Pitch down, listen well before you start talking, and take your second of thinking silently before answer back. Try to "sync" with the counterpart pace...

3 months ago

Edit

• dayone_coach

Meditate :) you’ll do your brain a favour. Hope you smash it!

3 months ago

Edit

• dreyfus34

1. Prepare a crisp introduction with keywords from the JD. 2. Prepare interesting questions to ask after the interview, e.g. what would a successful hire look like, what would a successful hire need to do in the first few months. 3. Prepare for a few hard questions, a time when you failed, when you let the team down, when you disagreed with your boss/colleagues, took a risk, and when you missed a deadline. In each case remember to finish with how you turned the situation into an opportunity for learning and improving yourself. You’ve got this. Good luck.

3 months ago

Edit

• MiserableProduct

You may not have time to go over it, but Ask A Manager offers a great interview guide for free. I don't know whether I'm allowed to link it, but you can google "Ask A Manager free guide pdf" and the link should come up. (You have to enter your email address to get it.) I've given copies of this guide to two people and they both got the jobs they were after. Good luck!!

3 months ago

Edit

• mympg

Good luck!

3 months ago

Edit

• S3RG10

Good luck bro

3 months ago

Edit

• fuuckitup

Don’t forget to breath and be yourself. You got this!!

3 months ago

Edit

• harryhov

Have a few success stories lined up where you made a significant impact to a situation, client or issue. If it is something that is quantifiable, even better. Example: "Our client was experiencing service issues for the past several months. Upon reviewing the contract, I realized we did not implement a portion of their contract to their front end display. I spoke to the manager of that team and deployed the fix. This led to a 90% increase in performance which the client confirmed and led to a contract renewal worth $1M." Take these stories and be able to recite them in 30-60 seconds. Present them when they ask for an example. It doesn't have to answer the exact example they are looking for. You can use: "I don't have an example where I learned from my biggest error but I have an example where someone from my team made a huge error and what I learned from it." I've never had anyone turn down an offer to accept an alternative example.

3 months ago

Edit

• ladyreyreigns

Any updates??

3 months ago

Edit

Interview is in an hour, video interview over Zoom. I'm not sure when I'll know, but I will keep you updated!

3 months ago

Edit

• BlueColdBellPeppers

Good luck!! You got this man

3 months ago

Edit

• JBHedgehog

Be yourself, be positive, look people in the eye when you answer them...and kick major ass.

3 months ago

Edit

• english_avocado

Good luck stranger from all of my luck xx

3 months ago

Edit

• DogPissesOnPaws

The best of luck! You got this.

3 months ago

Edit

• bobbee112

Good luck

3 months ago

Edit

• GiveMeClarkson

Good luck OP!

3 months ago

Edit

• Dr_Mike_Hunt_MD

Only in America... will you see a post like this.

3 months ago

Edit

Jobs For You

Search for a job