Try searching for something else

Try searching for something else

Discussion

3 minutes into the interview the interviewer goes on a tangent about how I'm not a fit for the role.

3 months ago

|

So I just got off out from an interview (I hung up) for this junior content writing role that I had at 2 pm today and am so disappointed. Not even three minutes into the conversation and the interviewer guy says I'm looking at your resume and don't think that you have the experience then goes on to list all the things missing from my resume that they need. Like wtf, was that really necessary? Did you not read my resume before you asked me to interview? It honestly felt like he wanted to interview me just to tear me down. Sorry for graduating in the middle of a pandemic, my apologies for not having a tonne of experience for what YOU listed as a junior role and asked for 0-2 years experience. Honestly, what's the point of this? I just needed to get this off my chest.

Want to comment? or with one click.

Comments

Edit

You have reported this post

throwarawooo

I've seen some people power tripping when giving interviews. They're mostly the ones who are the the least competent but don't realize it, or are super insecure, and feeling superior during an interview reinforces their own illusion of competency Sorry you had to go through that. I hope you find a company that welcomes you and is clearly a place where learning and growth are encouraged

3 months ago

Edit

Dkwon100

Yep it almost makes me wonder if inexperienced interviewers who are nervous turn mean as a defense mechanism.

3 months ago

Edit

imike1978

Good thing you didn’t end up working for that idiot LOL

3 months ago

Edit

GiraffeXL

Yeah, I'm just rocking with the idea that I dodged a bullet. He would've been my direct supervisor too.

3 months ago

Edit

and-peggy_

THIS SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME A FEW WEEKS AGO! I was called to do an interview with this well known organization and I was so excited. A few minutes into the interview and he’s telling me I don’t fit the role? Even though prior to that comment he told me he had the same educational background as me? Also made a racist comment towards the end that I won’t even go into

3 months ago

Edit

Anxious-Custard6208

you could honestly report that guy to the HR people unless he is like the top top owner. they cant be saying crap like that

3 months ago

Edit

BlackSlimx

Why did he bother selecting and calling you for an interview when he knew you were not a good fit..he should be fire for wasting his company time and your time..hold your head high n keep looking..I pray and hope you find something worth your time..

3 months ago

Edit

Desertbro

I suspect those people are trying to "look busy" and pad the days when they had an obvious choice early on. They are checking boxes in case upper managements asks what they are doing. "Yes, we interviewed LGBTQ, non-white, immigrant, senior/gray, temp, and mobility-restricted applicants".

3 months ago

Edit

TheseNthose

shoulda just said "k, when do i start?"

3 months ago

Edit

privatexradio

The ultimate power move.

3 months ago

Edit

sakuaya

You probably dodged a bullet by not getting further in that company/organization

3 months ago

Edit

manybees77

Hey, I’m really sorry you went through this. A few years ago I went through something similar where I had someone basically try and insinuate that they way I laid out my references on my resume made it look like something to hide (which I apologised for and clarified that I didn’t) and spent a solid 10 mins of the 20-30 min interview fixating on it and saying why I need to change it and it makes me look bad ect. It was very strange and I think the interviewer got a kick out of doing it, maybe it was a bad day or maybe they have a weird god complex. All I can say is you’ve dodged a bullet here, but that doesn’t make the behaviour okay at all. Sometimes the trash takes itself out and you’ll probably find this company has a revolving door of employees. Best of luck for the future though and keep searching!

3 months ago

Edit

hotmayool

Ive had the same thing and a friend also-but he was actually called FOR A PHYSICAL INTERVIEW just to be told he wasn’t fit for the role

3 months ago

Edit

Desertbro

I was failed for a physical for a job driving cars around a test track. After I spent an afternoon driving cars around a test track.

3 months ago

Edit

erich408

I had an interview with Tesla for a Devops engineer posjtion the other day. The interviewer gets on the zoom call and asks Two questions. What I was working on currently, and if I have experience managing multiple AWS organizations. I told him no, from a security aspect there was no reason to manage multiple organizations at my level, but that it shouldn't be hard. He sat for a second and then said "were kinda looking for someone who has this experience" and stopped talking. This was 10 minutes Into the call, and hadn't even asked anything technical. I waited and then when he was just silent, told him "well then I guess it's not a good fit and hung up. The job description had zero mention of this, it was looking for someone with kubernetes experience. Absolute garbage interviewer. Some interviewers should not be interviewing candidates bottom line.

3 months ago

Edit

GypsyMoonbeam3

Sounds like he purposely targets people he can easily put down to stroke his teeny tiny .... ego. Don’t worry about this one, fam. Most of us have trouble getting jobs, there’s too many job seekers as a whole. It’s not you, it’s the broken system. You’ll be okay!!

3 months ago

Edit

hellobruh20

The system is broken 100%

3 months ago

Edit

Helga-Zoe

Try not to get too discouraged. Even if you had zero qualifications for the job - you can be a fast learner, who is hardworking and dependable! Don't let lack of work history keep you from the jobs you want. That guy sounds nitpicky, so will be harder for him to find someone good for his team. You will likely find a job before that guy finds someone who doesn't quit after two weeks. If you really want that job, call him back and remind him you are AWESOME.

3 months ago

Edit

Zemiakovy

They don’t want that job with a supervisor like that

3 months ago

Edit

InclusiveEdu

I found myself in a similar position. I requested to work remotely on my first interview, and they were very flexible. On my second interview, as soon as I stepped into the office, I heard "Hi, I am sorry we would prefer for you to work from our office". I personally felt judged by my appearance. "Eyes on my clothing" for 3 minutes. Business casual was too much for them. I should have worn flip-flops and a baseball hat in a nonprofit office as the rest of them. 1. Did your clothing style match with the rest of the team? I know it is ridiculous, but they might judge you as an outsider, and unable to fit in the team. 2. They found a person with a better resume after giving you an appointment. If they did not read your resume, it shows the common sign of an *unprofessional business*. Every interview is an experience, and we all learn something. It is done and over. Focus your energy on the next.

3 months ago

Edit

BoopleSnoot0615

You speak of clothing and not fitting in. I start a new job on Monday and I know I won't fit in because no one there wears a mask. I'll be the only one.

3 months ago

Edit

LizLemon_015

I had a CEO last week tell my staff how "fit" is just code for "like me", and how discriminatory it is. His hiring team is not allowed to use "fit" as part of their hiring criteria. There is hope in the world.

3 months ago

Edit

Eyeman1234

OP what was the company?

3 months ago

Edit

GiraffeXL

AnswerNet

3 months ago

Edit

Illustrious_Sector19

I am really sorry to hear this. If it makes you feel any better, let me tell you that I am a junior majoring in computer engineering. My gpa is 3.8. Currently, I am interning with a small company. Despite having a decent GPA, to land on this internship, I applied to 39 companies and got called only by 4 companies. Out of the 4 companies, I was rejected by 2 of them. Thus, had to choose between the 2. You are not alone. The interviewer definitely was a jerk and super unprofessional. However, please don’t take it so harshly and let that demotivate you. I promise you that there are plenty of opportunities out there. We all start from the buttom and can’t expect much from ourselves being a fresh college graduate. I am sure there’s a recruiter out there who will realize your ability and potential. Just keep trying ❤️. Also on a positive note, be glad that you dont have to work with such people.

3 months ago

Edit

utopista114

>We all start from the buttom Oh honey.... Went to a party of a high class kid, graduated lawyer. The day he graduated they showed him his office as a junior lawyer of a very big entertainment company. Early 20s.

3 months ago

Edit

Anonymous_Otters

Fuck them. Leave a Glassdoor review.

3 months ago

Edit

TheHelpfulRecruiter

The interviewer was likely being negative, to get your back up, and force you to explain why you were right. It's a horrible interview tactic, and hanging up was the right response.

3 months ago

Edit

SufficientMemory8405

Good luck finding another role! They clearly weren't professional. Remember that, you are interviewing the company as well.

3 months ago

Edit

fr4kie90

I had one interviewer till me 5 minutes into the interview he often the position to someone the day before. Like why was I even there? Super frustrating.

3 months ago

Edit

NichRigga-

Happened to me recently but the recruiter said she thinks im a better fit for a different role which she said she’ll reach out to me about in a few weeks

3 months ago

Edit

Paigelovespages

I can relate. I went through a 30-minute interview that went well, just to get told later on that they were looking someone for more experience -.- The job market sucks ass for us recent grads!

3 months ago

Edit

ParryLimeade

I have about four years of experience and have been told this multiple times while applying for level ii positions recently. Like wtf?

3 months ago

Edit

capitalismISsentient

This process is meant to break you down. Just remember this person is a moron and you’re not. Try your best to shrug it off and move on. It’s all part of the process unfortunately.

3 months ago

Edit

kittenwhisp3r

I’m so sorry dude. I had an interview like that too. It was so upsetting. Sometimes I wonder how these hiring managers got to where they were- and who fucked up by putting them there. You’ll catch another interview. You dodged a bullet here tbh.

3 months ago

Edit

madi_g

I had a similar situation! But I held back tears & went through the rest of the interview. He ended up just asking me BS questions about my hobbies??? Then at the end tell me what the next steps in the interview process was. I ultimately decided not to proceed with the next round, because he left just an awful impression

3 months ago

Edit

BloodyLena

A same-ish thing happened to months ago. I had three interviews with them, and all seemed great. The day before I was supposed to come in and start, I received a text message that I am not fit for the job. 😑

3 months ago

Edit

megatron8899

A TEXT?!? Wtf leave them a review that is fucking abhorrent

3 months ago

Edit

Praetor918

There are some truly idiotic people at the top of the ladder, who got there by backstabbing, politics, kissing up, and outright abusing their position to force things out of people. Who you meet as a boss is extremely important later down the road, as you will learn a lot of hard and soft skills (some which cannot be measured perse), so in situations like the one you experienced, just be professional about it and be the bigger man. But I do understand how you feel :)

3 months ago

Edit

DuckmanDrake69

Here’s the key point i think a lot of people on this sub often forget: A job offer is an agreement between two parties. The one offers employment at a set rate in exchange for that individual’s labor, skills, and knowhow. The other willingly accepts based on the compensation package and agrees to offer their labor at that rate. People often feel like a fish in the pond but in reality, finding the right people is very very difficult. The biggest reason people go into interviewers thinking the interviewer holds all the bargaining chips is because they fail to have adequate confidence in themselves and they fail to see this bigger picture. With that being said, this interviewer is an idiot. Not only was he wasting his own time, more importantly, he wasted yours. That’s not someone you want to work for, he did you a favor. Nonetheless, I would have purposefully explained during the call, “sir, if you didn’t take the time to read my resume prior to this interview then you’re really just wasting everyone’s limited time here”. That’s it.

3 months ago

Edit

GlitterBirb

I'm a mid-level content writer (or was before the coronavirus shook things up), and it should not be that hard to be a junior content writer...Seriously, my company hired people who started from nothing and did fine. Really you just have to be a very good writer. The rest is easily learned. Please don't get discouraged by that a\*hole. He probably was just looking for someone to take something out on. Everyone should read a resume before interviewing.

3 months ago

Edit

SMACkpoetry

What company is that? (If you don't mind)

3 months ago

Edit

liquidelectricity

Sorry to here man, at this point you should just brush yourself off and try to look for other opportunities.

3 months ago

Edit

Dkwon100

Yep walked into an interview before where the lady who didn’t even take the time to read my resume or my portfolio started grilling me if I was even good enough for the role. I almost wanted to walk out but kept my cool. Glad I didn’t go there though everyone looked miserable.

3 months ago

Edit

Big_Jim59

I guess these people have nothing to do and are trying to justify their jobs? Just wondering.

3 months ago

Edit

Gabyto

Same thing happened to me 2 months ago. It was for a semi senior position in a very well known fintech in Europe. The first 5 or 10 minutes was the same crap as in any other interview until she asked for me to tell something about myself (I'm switching careers so most of my experience was not directly relevant but had a lot of very positive points to get from) whilst I'm talking she interrupts me and asks in a clear tone of annoyance if I had any relevant experience to the position. I say not directly but that I had several projects for her to see, then the 45 minutes interview turned into a 10 minute one, she tells me what was going to happen next (as fast as she could ), and then I got the rejection mail the next day. I asked for feedback, still ghosted to this day. My theory: I modified my CV in a way that it got through the company filter, then she read my CV during the interview and saw I had no experience, so she kicked me out of it.. I have no comments, can't really say anything without using profanities

3 months ago

Edit

JoeBlack042298

I once had an interviewer that asked me only one question. He spoke at great length telling me his entire life story from the past 40 years. At the end he asked me if I had any questions (about his life), LOL. I said no.

3 months ago

Edit

Special_Rice9539

Did you get the job though?

3 months ago

Edit

alliancedude

OMG, this EXACT thing happened to me yesterday. Within 1-2 minutes of being on the phone, this lady tells me "yeah, I'm going to have to stop you there, you are not a good fit for this company. Based off what you just said, you are not a good fit." I went on for a few minutes after, but felt so bad about myself once I hung up. What happened was I mentioned liking checklists for bank reconciliations (I'm an accountant and organization is usually prized), but in her head that made her think I was incapable of handling disorder. In reality, I'm used to chaos and I'm more messy than neat, so I was mischaracterized based off a preference for tracking tasks in Excel. I learned from one of her coworkers that that lady is a nightmare and doesn't know what she's doing, so I dodged a bullet with that one.

3 months ago

Edit

twelve98

Sadly this happens all the times

3 months ago

Edit

RedditRanByWankers8

Name and shame.

3 months ago

Edit

anawkwardsomeone

Why do recruiters do that? It’s happened to me too! A whole 20 minute interview being told “since you have 0 marketing experience...” (I had 1 year of marketing experience) and “I really don’t know why you applied, I mean you don’t have the experience”. Okay, thanks for wasting both of our time then.

3 months ago

Edit

trshbby

I once had a first round interview that I thought went really well. It was with the person who would be my direct supervisor and the department head. As the department head showed me out the door, she said, "Well, you don't have a lot of experience, but thanks for coming in." I was devastated and went home and cried-- like why would you bring me in and waste my time if you thought I wasn't qualified? While I was crying I missed a phone call inviting me for a second interviews. Six years later I'm still in that same job. My department head is just kind of a weirdo who gets off on making people feel small. Not saying that I think you're going to get this job or that you should WANT to, but just remember that there are a lot of fucking weirdos out there who don't know how to interact with people. It's not a reflection on you!

3 months ago

Edit

Ineedanro

Could the interviewer have been reading the job description for some other position? Someone made a mistake, and it wasn't you. So, try to be less defensive and more curious. Stop and ask "What is going on here?" Just for practice, you might contact the employer now and ask.

3 months ago

Edit

FreddyIronCanteen

His wife will leave him eventually...

3 months ago

Edit

fartknocker33

What an asshole

3 months ago

Edit

stalecheesepuff

The same thing happened to me. Recruiter called me and started interviewing me and then towards the end of the interview, told me that they were looking for 6 years of experience and I didn't have that. It was such a waste of my time. Like if you knew I wasn't qualified, why even get my hopes up and set up a call with me? Just reject me and let me move on.

3 months ago

Edit

_baller_status_

Late to the comments, but you definitely caught a break not working for this company. Good companies and managers review the resume before. This is messed up.

3 months ago

Edit

SMACkpoetry

I feeeeel youuu so hard. Content writing roles asking for too much experience and sorry for graduating in a pandemic. I swear I wrote this.

3 months ago

Edit

ally00m

That really sucks. Could it be a tactic to see if one can survive their criticism?

3 months ago

Edit

jakeu1701

Guy probably didn't read the resume until he got on the phone with you. Lazy. You would figure they would not spend the time interviewing a candidate they didn't feel was a for for this job. That or he had a quota for number or type of interviews. If report him for his he treated you on the call and for the racist comment. Though, some interviews talk when they are not supposed to. Is sell legal advice, if you can on that front. But it is up to you.

3 months ago

Edit

cythegreat

You dodged a bullet! Don’t feel alone though, its rough out here right now. I have never had such a hard time finding a job in my life, even with a strong work history. I left my previous job at the beginning of the pandemic to care for my newborn and 3 year old. I just interviewed at a job that I am overqualified for. The interviewer asked me what I was paid at my previous job...which I had included on my application anyway. I told her the amount and she got super weird and bitchy towards me. She told me “we don’t offer anything like that here”. I explained that I knew I would be taking a major pay cut when I left my job. I’m open to negotiating, I’m just looking for something with a better work/life balance. She straight up laughed at me and said “well you don’t have a job right now right!? So you can’t be too picky anyway can you”. AWKWARD.

3 months ago

Edit

Mindless-Traffic-491

what an ass.

3 months ago

Edit

nelsne

Consider yourself blessed. That guy told you all you needed to know. It would have been a shitty employer to work for. He saved you a lot of heartache

3 months ago

Edit

BoopleSnoot0615

I've been through this before. I think these type of people feel like losers and need to get their power trip. It's just like with workplace bullies. They don't have a life or are miserable so they get off by putting someone else down.

3 months ago

Edit

palmtrees007

This person is just really unprofessional open interviewing people and if I see they aren’t really a fit I still go through the entire interview and I really at the end of the day have myself to blame for not doing a better job of really reading through their resume so this person was just an asshole!!

3 months ago

Edit

ThisAint-It

Dam would’ve just walked out

3 months ago

Edit

_atom0_

I'm so sorry to hear that. A similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago when I was looking for an internship. The interviewer asked me just one question (which I couldn't answer correctly) and then proceeded to elaborate on how I cannot possibly expect myself to be in that area of work if I could not answer that one question. I was obviously furious and understandably disappointed in myself. Even though I couldn't answer his question, and according to him I wasn't a good fit for that role, he could've listed my flaws in a better, non-condescending way. Thinking back to that day now, I realize that it was just him being poor at expressing his disapproval. After I was done with my self-pity (and it took me weeks lol), I went back to work on my skills and secured a much exciting and rewarding internship a couple of months later. To put it plainly, it is unfortunate that you got an interviewer who was too blunt and was clearly looking for a specific list of skills, therefore, ignored everything else on your resume. However, if you lift yourself up and review your skills to be better, you will definitely gain a lot from this experience. I wish you luck in your job search and hope that you recover soon from your interviewer's rather unprofessional behavior.

3 months ago

Edit

dedcow

Trust me you dodged a bullet. If he didn't respect your time now. He wouldn't respect your time when you're working for him.

3 months ago

Edit

Kazzazashinobi

I am so sick of this, I don’t know why but interviewers are very rude and inconsiderate these days. Had a couple of interviews and all of them the vibe was shit

3 months ago

Edit

Lexiconaches

i think it’s because they have a lot more applicants due to the impact of covid so they think they can shit on people and abuse that. it’s so fucked up. this was happening before covid but definitely a lot worse at present.

3 months ago

Edit

alburt_1

Company name? Trash there ratings

3 months ago

Edit

Defile85

Shoulda fucked his skull

3 months ago

Edit

subete_en_el_caballo

That person is miserable...At least you know your worth. People like that, I feel you have to call em out on their BS when it happens. Like you said what did he gain from that?

3 months ago

Edit

mothermyeyes

Hugely unprofessional on their part. Wasting your time and theirs. I've worked in recruitment advertising in the past, and the amount of times I had to tell an employer that the vacancy they were advertising was not entry level because they were asking for experience. Up that salary or give your people good training please! Ideally both!! Again, sorry this happened to you. Truly atrocious on their part but you dodged a bullet for sure. Imagine working for those assholes.

3 months ago

Edit

Lucifer2695

Oh, i had something similar happen to me. It was an in person interview in the office and i had freaked prepped for it and all. And 5 mins into the meeting, she was like you are not fit for this role and have no experience in these countries. So i just got up and left. Seriously? You couldn't read my bloody resume before calling me?

3 months ago

Edit

woodedlane

lol You're going to do just fine. And you're probably right, that interviewer had not laid eyes on your resume before you answered the phone. You deserve better. What sort of position are you looking for, if I may ask?

3 months ago

Edit

MJTheGoatBoy

Man, that’s a bummer. What a poor interviewer! Better off away from that company anyway.

3 months ago

Edit

JurgenFlopps

Mate I’ve had this numerous times. Interviewers who just reel off the areas I have no experience in and then question it in such a negative way. YOU read my CV motherfucker! How can you act shocked when I don’t have experience in that area? This is why I get anxiety before interviews, because I have no faith in managers and their HR/recruitment capabilities.

3 months ago

Edit

Re0h

Same happened to me except it was because I didn't live in the area. I told them I was willing to relocate out of my own expense and they told me that I wasn't a good fit because I didn't live close to the area.

3 months ago

Edit

szukai

Has happened to me before - usually it means their own process has failed them and they're just messing around with you. Or, they're simply trying to lowball the offer. Either way it's a little toxic, good thing you now know to deprioritize them.

3 months ago

Edit

Vegetable-Chain

Wtaf. It’s so obvious when they don’t review your resume prior to bringing you in and I hate that bc what’s the point? And I’m in the same field trying to find (a different) job bc the one I have isn’t salaried and is horrible all around. I hate when they ask in interviews about my lack of work experience in 2020, like what the f do you think happened?? I wasn’t TRYING to not work lmao

3 months ago

Edit

Astralahara

It is possible he was trying to see how you act under pressure. My current boss when he interviewed me for my current role asked "Looks like you've been hopping around a bit" (which was totally true btw, fair bs to call me on) "Why should I hire someone who's expendable?" And I just said "Well if you think I'm expendable definitely do NOT hire me! And you know, if you think that hopping around is a good reason not to hire me I won't blame you. I think I can bring a lot of value here and I am looking for a place to settle down and call home." Been here for 4 years now and loving it. But it's a stressful company to work for in some ways and he wanted to see if I was cool under fire (later confessed this to me). He asked me some other stressful questions but that was the only one I remember. I've since been in other interviews he's conducted with other candidates and he's done the same thing. Some people crack super fast and it's clear they couldn't make it here. It's possible the dude you interviewed was an asshole. It's possible he was seeing if you could handle pressure. Either way, it's clear the job wasn't for you.

3 months ago

Edit

ArthurdPreston

Terrible, I've had a similar experience in the past. You'll get it next time

3 months ago

Edit

shru_Kay

I can't speak for someone else but I've been in that situation and my instinct was to try and relate things I've done that may not have been mentioned or obvious through my resume to the job profile. People may ask this question to check if you will take ownership of your "lack" in experience, therefore assuming if they hire you, you will be able to adapt and catchup quickly. Sometimes you may get selected because someone liked something on your resume or maybe just forwarded it for the sake of filling the slot, however, I'll argue that you should try to make most out of any and every opportunity. Let's say you don't like the company but they present you with an offer, you can always reject it. But, important thing is to make sure you learn something out of that process.

3 months ago

Edit

Strupnick

There is a HUUUGE knowledge difference between someone with 0 experience and someone with 2 years experience

3 months ago

Edit

oabanmai

Not saying this is justified, but some recruiters use this as a tactic to see how an applicant reacts to criticism, I am saying this because I do not believe they would schedule an interview unless they see you as a potential fit. It's all unnecessary if you ask me, all these mind games are a result of trying too hard to make HR more than it is. Interviews are hackable and are not a good evaluation of job fit, especially these types of interviews.

3 months ago

Edit

SurviveYourAdults

"Thank you for your well-thought-out opinion, it's so nice when people are honest. have a lovely day!"

3 months ago

Edit

Lexiconaches

the fact that this shitty interviewer scheduled an interview with you but didn’t bother to read your resume speaks volumes, they don’t respect their own time let anyone else’s time. what an idiot. and if on the other hand they were saying it to ‘test’ you that’s bullshit, your potential employer playing mind games with you from the jump, erm no that’s toxic af. i’ve had interviews like this, a couple of them i took the job offer and 9 times out of 10 the company or organisation was full of toxic, boardering on abusive higher ups 🤮 sounds like you dodged a bullet and i hope you find a position somewhere nice with decent people who will treat you with the respect you deserve ❤️

3 months ago

Edit

The_Horny_Peacock

Dude I know man. Back in the day my "can-do attitude" woulda landed me a mahogany desk, now it's an annoying colloquialism.

3 months ago

Edit

koomenk

I don't know if you're overreacting or the other guy had a good point. If the company is quite big and they have a professional team of recruiters then they are strict, also because they might gets lots of people daily who want the job, although it doesn't like you've ran into a big company, but this is normal and since you have no experience, I suggest you just learn to accept these kind of interviews and rejections. Most of the time if they reject you, they won't tell you explicitly because if they need people then they might call you when needed, but they don't want to say no for now. Some companies do it like this, some companies are rejecting you directly by mail (if you've filled in some kind of online application).

3 months ago

Edit

FragrantDragonfruit4

Sorry that it happened! You can’t change what happened and try to not let it affect your job search. They probably didn’t even bother reading your resume beforehand and have personal issues. I had an interview that ended up going well so I thought, but now they’re pulling the Houdini act after I provided references before the unknown time on day they reserved a final interview for me on. Reevaluating, this person whom would be my boss showed some aggressiveness in a couple of instances, which makes me rethink if they do offer is it going to be the same? Keep in mind, it would probably get worse when you work with someone like this so if they’re not holding back now what about later?

3 months ago

Edit

it_dont_break_even

what a shithead interviewer.

3 months ago

Edit

kjhauburn

Happens to people with more experience too. Had an HR lady grill me on why a previous employer gutted my department and what did the company do after I left. Um,... I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I WASN'T THERE. Then after the interview, (pre- lockdown) she walked me out to the lobby and was being all fake nice and talking about the nice weather/what I was doing that weekend. It was truly bizarre. Seriously, I also agree with what previous people have said... Some interviewers are just miserable people and power trip on being mean to others. You dodged a bullet and you don't want to work there.

3 months ago

Edit

rackfocus

You say, hold on. Let me write this down. I appreciate your input.😐 Who knows? Maybe they were trying to do you a solid. If not? You still come across as professional.

3 months ago

Edit

powppow

I’m a recruiter. I promise, I’m a good witch. Many of them are bad. I guarantee you what happened here was he didn’t do his job properly, didn’t review your resume as thoroughly as he should’ve before inviting you to interview, because recruiters can be lazy and it’s largely a numbers game. It’s basically sales. And he realized he fucked up as soon as he got on the phone with you and opened your resume, likely for the first time. He should’ve apologized but instead he gaslit you. I see you said you just graduated, so unfortunately you’ll have to kiss some interview frogs in your career, but you’ll eventually develop a thicker skin and realize your worth. Next time tell him your time is just as valuable as his, and maybe ask why he requested you to interview if you weren’t a good fit on paper?

3 months ago

Edit

Longjumping-Most4726

Maybe they wanted to see some fire, argumentation. A bit of fight in you. That just sounds like a technique to see what you got. Why so but hurt? I mean- you clearly fronted up with the idea you were fit for the role. I don't know, prove it?

3 months ago

Edit

beaudebonair

It happens, sorry about that. But....with nothing to lose at that point I'd just throw everything out there to the interview on what I CAN do and why I should be hired, can't embarrass yourself at that point. If anything they want desperate lol, but ya it can be very discouraging in the first 3 minutes especially. But chin up and don't give up, gonna go through a lot of no's before a yes. And trust me, once you get like 3-4 yes's, that's when it gets really stressful to choose since you want to make the right choice. Best of luck to you, hang in there buddy!

3 months ago

Edit

McNasty420

You hung up on him? The "interview guy" didn't take time out of his day to call you to insult you, I can say that for a fact. He wanted to get a feel for your personality. Great way to handle the situation.

3 months ago

Edit

JoeBlack042298

The behavior of the "interviewer guy" was unprofessional and unacceptable in any circumstance no matter what he was trying to get a feel for.

3 months ago

Jobs For You

Search for a job